You’ve heard it before. It’s all in the numbers, as simple as 1, 2, 3. Each time you have unprotected sex, you increase your odds of catching an STI/STD. How do the STD numbers add up? Let’s do the math.
- 9 people between the ages of 14 – 25 get infected with an STD every minute.
- 1 person (in the same age group) gets an STD every 8 seconds-that’s10,000 every day!
- 65 million people in the US have a viral STD
- More than half of all people in the US will have an STI/STD at some point in their lifetime.
- Each year 19 million new cases of STIs/STDs are diagnosed.
- Each year 1 in 4 teens gets an STI/STD
- 66% of all STDs occur in teens
- 1 out of 2 sexually active teens will get an STD by age 25
- Chlamydia is the #1 bacterial STI among sexually active teens and young adults
- Fewer than ⅓ of US physicians routinely screen for STIs/STDs
You can’t afford to lose the STD numbers game. You can beat the odds. Early testing is key to stopping a sexually transmitted infection before it develops into disease. Get informed on how to be responsible for your own health and quit the numbers racket.Get yourself tested for free at My Health Options.
Numbers don’t lie.
If you are sexually active and age 25 or younger, you are high risk for getting an STD. It’s worth saying again that we’ll test and treat you for free at My Health Options for gonorrhea and chlamydia. You’ll meet privately with a nurse practitioner and a counselor who will take the time to answer all your questions with free follow-up and treatment in a personal, caring way.
Why? Because we know you are more than just a number.